Monday, November 8, 2010

PART 3: "Pursuit"

In light of PART 1 and PART 2 of this blog, I want to hit on the pursuit of both "Love" and "God calling us." In 1 Corinthians 13, we see how important love is. Verse 13:1 "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." When we love, we open up doors. The opportunity for healing, restoration, and new beginnings all come with the pursuit of love. When we love, we give no reason for hate or disconnect. You see, when we love, the world has no reason to push it away. One thing we can count on is that the world will always accept your love. In the pursuit of following God's calling, I think we can get wrapped up in our own happiness. We choose temporary "fulfillment" over long-term investment. When God calls us, it's because He has an eternal plan in mind. When we put off following God's plan, it does the exact oppostite of what you're trying to achieve with temporary pleasure. It leaves you feeling empty, because it's not what we're intened to do. Pursue Christ's will and pursue love because this is where true meaning and joy comes from.

No comments: