Monday, January 26, 2009

My Top 20 albums to date (OLD AND NEW!!)

1. All American Rejects  -  "When the World Comes Down"
2. Coldplay  -  "Viva La Vida or Death and all of his friends"
3. Switchfoot  - "The beautiful letdown,"  "Nothing is Sound," and "Oh! Gravity" I love switchfoot!
4. The Classic Crime -  "The Silver Cord"
5. John Mayer  -  "Continuum"
6. Jon Foreman (Lead singer of Switchfoot has a 4 cd compilation entitled "Summer," "Spring," "Winter," and "Fall."  Love them all!)
7. Skillet  -  "Comatose"
8. Disciple  -  "Scars Remain," and "Southern Hospitality"
9. Brian "Head" Welch (Former guitarist of Korn)  -  "Save Me From Myself"
10. Red  -  "End of Silence"  (and I have a feeling that I'm gonna like their new one!)
11. Lifehouse  -  "Who We Are"
12. DC Talk  -  "Supernatural"
13. Falling Up  -  "Captiva" & "Dawn Escapes"
14. Three Days Grace -  "One-X"
15. The Almost  -  "Southern Weather"
16. Linkin Park  -  "Minutes to Midnight"
17. Angels and Airwaves  -  "We Don't need to Whisper"
18. Fireflight  -  "Unbreakable"
19. Paramore  -  "Riot!"
20. And Last and probably most Controversial     Marilyn Manson  -  "Eat Me, Drink Me" 

 (What can I say... the guy is a genius when it comes to making creative music! Listen to the song "Heart-shaped glasses" to hear what I'm talking about!  Not the lyrics, but the mix of creepy with pop music!)

There you go!  In some way or another, these albums have inspired me.  There are a lot more that I could name including Frank Sinatra "Classic Sinatra,"  Demon Hunter "Summer of Darkness" & "Storm the gates of Hell."  This list started as my top 10, but I realized I love music way too much to narrow it down that much!

7 comments:

The Dietz Diary said...

Thanks for another blog! And thank you for my note! You made my day!!

Becky Dietz said...

Are you kidding me? This is the best you could do for a blog? Very interesting to see what interests you though.
But next time---share your heart!!

rickyg said...

Hey, this is your blog. No one can tell you what to write. Btw, MM is a genius. I love honest art. Maybe christians should try it...

Becky Dietz said...

Ricky,
I can tell Zach what to do any day I want!!

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Zach, I have to admit, I was somewhat surprised that Bryan D. Sims and the 11th Hour Band's first cd didn't make the list!

amy wright said...

I'm terribly disappointed in your top 20. Just kidding...I don't even know what music is out there anymore! I guess that I need to take your list and "shop" for music.
FYI, Isaac and Josiah were listening to Shane and Shane today. Isaac said, "They aren't as good as Mum-Z. Can we please turn this off and listen to Mum-Z's music??" haha
Sorry, you probably hear too many Isaac/Josiah adore Mum-Z stories. I'll try to refrain!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome list!!